Events & talks
Below you can find details of the latest guest speaker talks and events planned at East Boldre Village Hall. This historic building was built in 1917/18 as part of the Royal Flying Corps training airfield during WW1. It has a stunning stage, large hall, and various rooms including displays about the local airfields.
20 OCTOBER 2023
The History of RAF Beaulieu
Apologies, but tickets for the talk sold out within an hour of being on sale. We will see if it’s possible to get another date at the hall before the end of the year.
Marc Heighway presents the history of Beaulieu Airfield from the lead-up to its construction, into wartime, and through to modern day. The talk includes never before seen photography and film from the airfield, tales of bravery, inspiring stories and strange events that happened at the RAF and USAAF Station, plus tributes to the many men who lost their lives. It also includes a visual tour of what remains today.
Sign-up to be notified of new events, talks, and when tickets go on sale.
Previous Events & Talks
- 15 September: Remember the Regulars (Chris Kolonko-Weet)
- 16 June: An Evening on the Home Front (Dale Johnson, Marc Heighway, Pete Harrod, & John Wareham)
- 19 May: Building Spitfires Without a Factory (Alan Matlock)
- 21 April: Southampton: From Blitz to D-Day (Jake Simpkin)
- 17 March: Calshot: The RNAS Years (Colin van Geffen)
- 17 February: The Lumberjills: Britain’s Forgotten Army (Joanna Foat)
- 20 January: Special Operations Executive & The Beaulieu Finishing School (Nick Saunders)
- 14 October: The Road to Victory: Preparing for D-Day on the South Coast (Stephen Fisher)
- 2 to the 5 of June: RAF Beaulieu History Exhibition over 3 days